Top 25 songs of 2022
2022’s charts were dominated by so many new record-breaking songs. A mix of critical acclaim, internet vitality and charting numbers have put these songs above the rest. Libas Now has shortlisted some of our top favourites for you.
- Pasoori: The first Pakistani song to be featured on Spotify’s Viral 50- Global Chart, reached nearly 500 million YouTube views, featured in Disney’s “Ms Marvel,” most streamed Pakistani song, and most searched song in the world in 2022.
- Tu Jhoom: The song was the first for Coke Studio 14 and it became an instant hit featuring two of the biggest names in the music industry Naseebo Lal and Abida Parveen. It garnered nearly 50 million hits on YouTube ever since its release.
- Sukoon: The song by Lahore-based duo Hassan and Roshaan featuring Shae Gill is a song from their second album ‘Day 5’. The song crossed 1.2 million plays on Spotify, and nearly 1 million views on YouTube ever since it was released. Not only that, the music video received great reviews from people nationwide.
- Iraaday & Bikhra: Both these songs by upcoming singer Abdul Hannan became instant hits. We could hear it on every radio station as well as everyone’s Instagram stories. It was a tie between these two songs for us. We couldn’t deci
- Faltu Pyar: This song by Natasha Noorani and Hasan Raheem became an instant ear candy as soon as it dropped. The catchy music and the colourful vibe in the video was a treat to watch as well. It was on every Gen-Z kid’s playlist, there is no way it wouldn’t make it to our list.
- Kahani Suno 2.0: This song by the rising sensation in Pakistan, Kaifi Khalil had to make it to our list as this song has taken everyone by storm. We cannot stop listening to it and this song has been a career-defining one for the singer.
- Habibi: The song by Asim Azhar became the pick-up song for the year, for when you are feeling down. It was a vibe on its own. Soon after its release, the song was picked up by various artists who either created dance reels featuring the song or sang a cover of it, which time and again was appreciated by Asim himself on his social media.
- Peechay Hutt: This song by Hasan Raheem X Talal Qureshi X Justin Bibis was featured in Coke Studio 14. It became an anthem for Gen-Z and reached global platforms ever since its release.
- Jashn-e-HipHop: This song by Faris Shafi and Indian rapper Raaftar was released in November and became an instant hit amongst their fans.
- Ye Dunya: Another Coke Studio 14 featuring Karakoram, Talha Anjum and Faris Shafi was a headbeanger. The song was amongst other Coke Studio hits that was played on various platforms and radio stations.
- As It Was: This song by Harry Styles from his album ‘Harry’s House’ charted at No1. on the Billboard Top 100, and was nominated for the Grammy’s Record of the Year category.
- Unholy: The song by Sam Smith ft Kim Petras charted at No.1 on the Billboard Top 100, and was nominated for the Grammy’s Best Pop Duo/Group Performance category.
- About Damn Time: This song by Lizzo charted at No.1 on the Billboard Top 100, and nominated for three Grammy’s – Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year, and Best Pop Solo Performance categories.
- The 30th: The song by Billie Eilish charted at No.79 on the Billboard Top 100.
- N95: This song by Kendrick Lamar charted at No.3 on the Billboard Top 100 and his album received seven Grammy nominations for Album Of The Year, Best New Artist, and Best Rap Album categories to name a few.
- Lift Me Up: This song by Rihanna charted at No. 2 on the Billboard Top 100 and it received a Golden Globe for Best Original Song and an Oscar Nomination. It was Rihanna’s first solo song in 6 years.
- Anti-Hero: The song from Taylor Swift’s new album ‘Midnights’ charted at No.1 on the Billboard Top 100 and received numerous awards on different platforms.
- First Class: The song by Jack Harlow charted at No.1 on the Billboard Top 100 and it was nominated for a VMA as well.
- Break My Soul: The song by Beyonce charted at No.1 on the Billboard Top 100 and was nominated for three Grammy’s for Record Of The Year, Song Of The Year and Best Dance/Electronic Recording categories.
- I Like You (A Happier Song): The song by Post Malone charted at No.3 on the Billboard Top 100 and was nominated for Best Duo/Group Performance category at the Grammy’s.
- Light Switch: The song by Charlie Puth charted at No.27 on the Billboard Top 100.
- Vegas: The song by Doja Cat charted at No.10 on the Billboard Top 100. It was also part of the soundtrack for Elvis Presley biopic “Elvis”.
- Made You Look: This Meghan Trainor song charted at No.24 on the Billboard Top 100.
- Sweetest Pie: This song by Dua Lipa charted at No.15 on the Billboard Top 100.
- abcdefu: The song by Gayle charted at No.1 on the Billboard Top 100 and was nominated for Song Of The Year category at the Grammy’s.