What We’re Making: Brown Sugar Fudge with Walnuts
Why not make this easy and delicious homemade fudge on Eid? Perfect for a nibble here and there and it is made mostly from brown sugar, so a little healthier than the usual white-sugar desserts!
3 cups of brown sugar (or gurh/shakar)
3/4 cup heavy cream
3/4 cup unsalted butter
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Heat the brown sugar, butter, and cream together until you get a good boil. You should see the mixture begin to thicken. This should take about 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add 1 cup of confectioners’ sugar. Using a handheld or freestanding mixer, mix until you get a think creamy consistency.
- At this point you can add 1 cup of toasted walnuts or any other nut if your choice. Keep in mind though that nothing beats slow roasted walnuts in creamy fudge!
- Pour the thick mixture into a loaf tin or any container to set. If it’s an especially hot time of year as it is now, you can place the container in the fridge to set.
- When the fudge feels cool and firm to touch, cut and devour!