5 things we know about Taylor Swift’s new album ‘Midnights’
- It releases on October 21, 2022. “Midnights, the stories of 13 sleepless nights scattered throughout my life, will be out October 21. Meet me at midnight,” Taylor shared on her social media.
2. There is a song featuring Lana Del Ray. The full track list consists of 13 songs.
3. The album will be available on Spotify and Apple Music. Physical copies – vinyl, CDs, or cassette tapes can be pre-ordered from Swift’s website. There are four versions of the album available that come in the corresponding colours: Moonstone Blue Edition (the standard version), Jade Green Edition, Blood Moon Edition, and Mahogany Edition.
4. The name for her track ‘Lavender Haze’ was inspired by Mad Men. In her TikTok series ‘Midnights Mayhem with Me’, Taylor said, “I happened upon the phrase ‘Lavender Haze’ when I was watching Mad Men. And I looked it up because I thought it sounded cool, and it turns out that it’s a common phrase used in the ’50s where they would just describe being in love. Like, if you were in the lavender haze, then that meant that you were in that all-encompassing love glow—and I thought that was really beautiful.”
5. Taylor Swift will be collaborating with Jack Antonoff for this album as well. Earlier, he produced tracks on her past albums: 1989, Reputation, Lover, Folklore, and Evermore.